If your looking to improve your stance when starting out surfing. Smoothstar surf trainer is the ideal tool. When you can’t get to the water there’s plenty of simple things you can do to improve your stance.
The most common issue people have at a beginner and intermediate level is their surf stance. A good surf stance provides surfers the best body position to be balanced on our surfboards and reduce the amount of time in falling off.
What is the correct surf stance?
- Feet – slightly wider than shoulder width apart – front foot at a 30 – 45 degree angle.
- Knees – slightly bent with your back leg kinked in
- Hips – slightly angled out
- Shoulders – slightly forward and open
- Arms – front arm pointing in the way you want to go with the back arm slightly bent
- Head – facing up and in the direction you want to go
Why is surf stance so much better on SmoothStar?
It is very easy to practice your popup on the sand before paddling out. However, when you do this, you don’t have any forward momentum. When riding SmoothStar, you can have your popup with wheels underneath your feat. The surf stance popup on SmoothStar is more similar to surfing.
To get drive from your SmoothStar it all comes from your core and arms. We hope these tips are useful. If you have any questions contact us.